I know I’m kind of late to be writing about wedding season – but it is still upon us. So, I’m going to take a moment to blow your mind: the average American wedding produces a carbon footprint larger than the couples yearly imprint. Though the majority of the impact is made from transportation and accommodation – that doesn’t mean there isn’t a way to offset this gigantic impact that you are making on the well-being of our world. So here are some tips on how to have a green – or greener – wedding:
- Cut down on your guest list – the less people traveling to your wedding the less energy used, whether it be flights; hotel rooms; or even the impact of the extra cars.
- Consider a vintage engagement ring – not a conflict ring.
- Have your wedding ceremony and reception at the same venue – minimizing travel.
- Use recycled papers for your wedding invites.
- Choose a wedding favor that is reusable – like a customized tote from ECOBAGS®!
There are tons more ideas on Green Bride Guide!