I’m beginning to feel the dregs of summer, even though it’s still so hot out that I’m sweating at 9am as I get myself ready to leave for work.
But somehow that sad end of summer feeling persists in it’s lingering – it’s the feeling of a little kid pulling at it’s moms skirt begging not to leave the swim club, not yet.
And as I get older summer fades quicker and quicker, as I find less and less time to enjoy it.
So, I’m going to make a bucket list and finish it by September 21st, and I’m hoping to inspire some of you to do the same – to go outside and enjoy the extraordinarily hot and humid weather – because I know soon we’ll all be complaining that it’s far too cold and wishing summer to make it’s appearance as soon as possible.
- Swim in a pool or lake – don’t judge me for not having done this yet this summer!
- Go kayaking along the beautiful & iconic Hudson river.
- Spend a day at the Cloisters and then have a picnic.
- Eat a giant ice cream cone at my favorite organic creamery… yum! (do you have a favorite ice cream spot?)
- Hike! I’m going to go on a nice, long summer hike. Preferably upstate in New Paltz, NY.
- Visit a National Park in celebration of their centennial.
And that’s it… I’m keeping it simple. I’m going to enjoy the outdoors while I have a chance, before it’s so cold that my nose burns from breathing in the smoky, wintry air.
Hopefully you’ll do the same – you’ll opt to talk a walk at your local park instead of spending the day consuming items and air conditioning at the mall.
Written by: Mollie Mac, ECOBAGS® very own marketing maven. Mollie is an adventurer and a green living advocate. If you have any tips or tricks for her she’d love to hear from you, email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org