March 22nd marked world water day. There’s no denying that water is an integral part of life, so what can you do to help protect the worlds waters?
- Be active in your community. Clean up litter when you see it, participate in community clean up days, don’t litter, go to meetings with you local constituents, be vocal about how you want the earth treated.
- Stop using so much disposable plastic, and opt for reusables. Reusable bags, reusable water bottles, reusable coffee mugs, reusable lunch packs, even reusable food covers. It’s estimated that by 2050 there will be more plastic than fish in the sea. Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution.
- Conserve your water usage. Take shorter showers. Turn off the tap while you’re brushing your face or washing your teeth. Only run the dishwasher or clothes washer when you have a full load.
- Dispose of chemicals, oils, & batteries properly – so they don’t end up in the water system.
- Avoid using pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Choose non-toxic household cleaners and try not to use antibacterial soaps or cleaning products.
What other ways do you help to preserve our waters?
Written by: Mollie Mac, ECOBAGS® very own marketing maven. Mollie is an adventurer and a green living advocate. If you have any tips or tricks for her she’d love to hear from you, email her at: mollie(at)ecobags(dot)com