So, you’ve made the decision to start living more eco-friendly this year, but maybe you’re a bit at a loss for where to start, or maybe you’re feeling discouraged, because you can’t imagine yourself ever being a zero-waster. Well, fear not! We all gotta start somewhere, right? Here are some of the EASIEST changes to make this year that will make a difference.
- Just say “no” to straws. It may not seem like a big deal but the in the US alone 500 million straws are used and discarded every day.
- Love your straw? Get a reusable one.
- Commit to reusable bags. Leave a couple in your car and keep one to stash in your everyday bag so that if you’re just putting up a few groceries after work you still don’t have to come home with a nasty plastic bag.
- Did you know that more than one million plastic bags are used every minute?
- Eat one more meatless meal a week. You’ll probably pick up a few go-to veggie meals along the way. Yum!
- According to Environmental Defense, if every American skipped one meal of chicken per week and substituted vegetarian foods instead, the carbon dioxide savings would be the same as taking more than half a million cars off of U.S. roads. See how easy it is to make an impact?
- Opt for a reusable water bottle! Not only is it better for the environment, but it’s also better for your wallet.
Let us know your simple tips for living a greener life in the comments below 🙂
Written by: Mollie Mac, ECOBAGS® very own marketing maven. Mollie is an adventurer and a green living advocate. If you have any tips or tricks for her she’d love to hear from you, email her at: mollie(at)ecobags(dot)com