Like many of you, the majority of the waste I produce comes from my bathroom and my kitchen. But that doesn’t mean that it has to be that way. Here are a few changes to make for a greener (and happier) bathroom.
- Ditch your disposable razor, and opt for a safety razor (it will also save you tons of money in the long run). If you aren’t quite ready or comfortable with a safety razor, buy a cartridge razor instead. Though cartridges aren’t recyclable, it’s better than throwing out an entire razor every month.
- Make your own toothpaste. It’s seriously easy, you’ll make way less trash, and again will save you loads of money.
- Start using bamboo toothbrushes. This one is almost 100% biodegradable/compostable.
- Invest in reusable cotton rounds or a make-up eraser: there is no reason to be throwing out cotton pads every night.
- Use coconut oil packaged in glass to remove your makeup.
- If you’re a lady… ditch the tampons and switch over to a menstrual cup. It will change your life.
- Opt for 100% vegetable oil or beeswax candles at bath time instead of paraffin.
How do you keep your bathroom green? Let me know in the comments below 😉
Written by: Mollie Mac, ECOBAGS® very own marketing maven. Mollie is an adventurer and a green living advocate. If you have any tips or tricks for her she’d love to hear from you, email her at: mollie(at)ecobags(dot)com